Curious? Techie? Gadget lover? Want to know a new friend? Want to know more about me? Read on and you'll learn about me, my passions (that would be smartphones, cell phones and gadgets) and make a new friend!

Friday, December 23, 2005

My run in with Nextel's only Smartphone, the Motorola i930

I recently had the opportunity to review the Motorola i930 phone, powered by Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition.

My overall view of this device is good. Its definitely a late comer to the Smartphone party, especially with its outdated Operating Systems, but what's important is that its stable, responsive and multi-tasks well.

I had it for a couple of weeks, and one thing I noticed about it right away is its short battery life. I did a test by downloading 900+ emails, totalling 15,000k. The completed download, with the setting of 5,000k per message, took 40 minutes - after which it ran out of breath and promptly shutdown. This was very unexpected, especially when the battery was full before I started the download.

The RF reception on the device was good, and this is primarily because Nextel has a good coverage in the Twin Cities. Sprint, which merged with Nextel, was a bad example for coverage, with my dwelling place barely getting any signal.

Look for the full review on www.mobiletechreview.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home